A holiday wedding brings no joy to the bride’s cousin, who was literally left by the groom right at the alter. But she might find her true love there when she gains a fake fiancé in the process.
Man, Jessica (the lead actress) is basically modern day Linsey Lohan, without the childhood success. How anyone found her appropriately cast as a likable person is beyond me! So, Layla (Jessica) gets left by her fiancé for her cousin because this guy, Seth, introduces them at a party. Now needing a date to the fiancé-stealing cousin’s wedding, Layla brings Seth! Misunderstanding ensues and she is mistakenly announced to be engaged to Seth….. She is a decorator (and needs a job) and he needs a house decorated (to impress his boss’s wife) and establish a mutually beneficial deal.
There is a meddling Aunt (the fiancé-stealing cousin’s Mom), who is REALLY annoying, and a gay brother who is cute and very Canadian. Layla isn’t the best decorator in my opinion, and Seth looks like grown up Ben Seaver (From Growing Pains). Speaking of pains, this movie uses all the romance cliches: falling off a ladder, string popcorn, lots of laughing and smiling, all to little effect. At one point, Layla looks just off the camera and says “what am I doing,” and that is what I was thinking…
🎄🎄 (2 Christmas Trees)
🍷🍷🍷(3 glasses of wine required)
*images via: Hallmark Gold Crown Media
Podcast Hiatus: Thank you for listening! – Lifetime Uncorked
- Podcast Hiatus: Thank you for listening!
- Christmas Preview 2020 #3 (Lifetime Movies)
- Christmas Preview 2020 #2 (Lifetime Movies)
- Christmas Preview 2020 #1 (Lifetime Movies)
- S6 E30- Betty & Coretta (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E29- Deranged Granny (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E28- Poolboy Nightmare (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E26- My Daughter Was Stolen (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E25- Homecoming Revenge (Lifetime Movie)