Two news broadcasters, who previously were in love, fight for a position as a morning talk show host that they both want. Ultimately finding what made them like each other so much in the first place.
Growing up wanting to be MJH as Clarissa Darling and discovering my sexual identity watching Dean Cain as Superman gave this movie an unfair advantage from my perspective.(And then you add Jackée?!??!) I’m here for THAT!
MJH plays Emily (And I have ALWAYS thought she looked like an Emily) who is a small town reporter who got left behind by her college producer/reporter friends Patrice (Cynthia Gibb) and Charlie (Dean Cain) who have moved on to cool jobs in New York! It is pretty hard to believe that Dean Cain, MJH, and Cynthia Gibb are 1) all the same age & 2) That age is 27…. But it’s Christmas so, fine.
A goofy looking co-host is leaving her spot on a GMA/Today Show knockoff, because she is pregnant! (Bye, Felicia) This leaves the remains host Veronika (Jackée Harry) on the hunt for a new co-host, like they do on The View. After a stunt Emily pulls on her small town news broadcast and becomes a “Trending” “Viral hit” on “Social Media”, she is on her way to NYC to join the contenders for the coveted spot.
The will they/won’t they/of course they will formula doesn’t get old here! MJH is well cast (by herself, she is a producer) and the chemistry is pulled of nicely by Dean Cain, who is surprisingly decent. (But very uncomfortable looking in a suit, bring back the Superman costume, okayyyyyy!)
There is a REALLY weird story about a fruitcake that ties everything together and a very sappy/pointless montage on the back half, that is to not be missed!
🎄🎄🎄🎄 (4 Christmas Trees)
🍷🍷🍷(3 glasses of wine required)
S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie) – Lifetime Uncorked
- S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E26- My Daughter Was Stolen (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E25- Homecoming Revenge (Lifetime Movie)
- BONUS EPISODE- John Doolan Interview (Writer of the Lifetime Movie: A Predator’s Obsession/Stalkers Prey 2)
- S6 E24- Stalked by my Husband’s Ex (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E23- Mile High Escorts (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E22- Stalked by my Doctor (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E21- The Wrong Wedding Planner (Lifetime Movie)
- BONUS EPISODE- Michael DeVorzon Interview (Her Deadly Groom)
- S6 E20- His Fatal Fixation (Lifetime Movie)