Love You Like Christmas
Starring: Bonnie Somerville (A not funny Amy Poehler) & Brennan Elliott (Nick Lackey wannabe?)
A high-powered marketing executive is on her way to a client’s wedding when her plans are derailed by car trouble. When a fork in the road leads her to Christmas Valley, a town in love with Christmas, her unexpected journey will leave her wondering what her life has been missing.
Is Maddie me? She drinks wine and eats cold Chinese after work. She is very cosmopolitan and sleeps with a face mask. She’s an everywoman!
On her way to somewhere (I forgot), Maddie meets Kevin. (His Christmas trees fell all over the interstate!) They flirt briefly, but Maddie has to go! Her car breaks down in Christmas Valley, a small town in Ohio. (The town was founded by a Santa look a like… so that explains why it is so Christmasy.)
On a walk, Maddie ends up running into Kevin (a widower with a tween daughter, why do they never have sons?) They flirt with lines like:
“We’ve got to stop meeting like this.”
“Fatherhood is your best feature.”
“You look really pretty when you talk marketing.”
This movie is constantly reminding that Maddie is from New York AND she works in Marketing. Every conversation circles back to marketing. The diner should be rebranded, a band needs promoting, Christmas Trees need selling. She can’t stop working! She can’t turn it off!
Eventually her car gets fixed and she has to leave the town. Everyone in the town is super heartbroken that Maddie is leaving. It’s as dramatic as when Dorothy leaves Oz, but completely unwarranted!
Back in New York, Maddie just isn’t the same. Then she realizes it was meant to be. She quits her job and drives back to live in Christmas Valley, FOREVER.
There is a random country guitar playing mechanic. Who isn’t that good a fixing cars. But, he sure can yodel!
Maddie can’t fly because she is afraid of turbulence…
When a reindeer causes Maddie to crash her car (after it is fixed) I rolled my eyes sooooo hard.
🎄🎄 (2 Christmas Trees)
🍷🍷🍷(3 glasses of wine required)
*images via: Hallmark Gold Crown Media
S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie) – Lifetime Uncorked
- S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E26- My Daughter Was Stolen (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E25- Homecoming Revenge (Lifetime Movie)
- BONUS EPISODE- John Doolan Interview (Writer of the Lifetime Movie: A Predator’s Obsession/Stalkers Prey 2)
- S6 E24- Stalked by my Husband’s Ex (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E23- Mile High Escorts (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E22- Stalked by my Doctor (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E21- The Wrong Wedding Planner (Lifetime Movie)
- BONUS EPISODE- Michael DeVorzon Interview (Her Deadly Groom)
- S6 E20- His Fatal Fixation (Lifetime Movie)