We Have Your Husband (2011 Lifetime)
Dancing Through the Snow 2021 Lifetime Movie, AnnaLynne McCord, & Colin Lawrence – Lifetime Uncorked
- Dancing Through the Snow 2021 Lifetime Movie, AnnaLynne McCord, & Colin Lawrence
- An Ice Wine Christmas Lifetime Movie, Roselyn Sánchez, Lyriq Bent, and the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree?
- INTERVIEW: Amy Winter (Executive Vice President & Head of Programming for Lifetime)
- Lifetime Christmas Movie Preview 2021: Melissa Joan Hart, Cindy Busby, and Jake Epstein?
- Lifetime Christmas Movie Preview 2021 – Kirk Franklin, Mario Lopez, Maria Menounos, & Rainbow Sun Francks ?
- Lifetime Christmas Movie Preview – Kelly Rowland, Reba, and Romaine Waite ?
- Killer Cheer Mom, Denise Richards, & Cheerleader Murder Lifetime Movies – Deck the Lifetime Uncorked Pilot
- Podcast Hiatus: Thank you for listening!
- Christmas Preview 2020 #3 (Lifetime Movies)
- Christmas Preview 2020 #2 (Lifetime Movies)
Synopsis (via Lifetime)
American-born Jayne, her husband Eduardo, the son of a legendary Mexican newspaper publisher, and their two children live an idyllic life on their 1,000-acre ranch outside of a peaceful Mexico town. But in the summer of 2007, their peaceful life is turned into a real-life nightmare when Eduardo is ambushed and kidnapped by strangers.
The movie begins with Jayne riding on a horse to Racho Valeseca. (Her and her husband Eduardo’s last name.) They have a rach and are raising a happy family and planning a wedding anniversary party. They seem to have a perfect life from the looks of things until masked men aggressively kidnap the couple while they are driving after dropping their kids off at school.
The masked men drop Jayne off with a Ransome package that has her name on it, proving it is a targeted attack. Police pick her up and begin tracking down her husband. She hires a lawyer, but it is costly.
The movie does that thing where the protagonist calls people and learns exposition. She knows from the bank that Eduardo has a secret account that she can’t access.
A detective named Raul comes on the bus and out of uniform. He knows about the group that kidnapped her husband and warns they will be looking for a lot of money. Raul is right; the kidnappers demand eight million dollars.
Jayne lists ads in the newspaper as prompted by the kidnappers. She attempts to get money from a family friend and business partner named Cal. (He says it will take a month to pull something together.) The kidnappers intimidate her by almost running her off the road.
The kidnappers send IOUs that Eduardo wrote to the local business and his FINGER to Jayne. Then they send videos of them torturing him. Jayne is desperate to save her husband and receives no help from Cal or the Mexican government. She places an ad in the paper letting the kidnappers bargaining with them. The tactic makes them angry. They eventually agree to her terms and send information for a drop point.
At the drop point, Eduardo is nowhere to be found, and the kidnappers take the money. (Duh.) Jayne has a proper freakout. Something is off, and Raul knows that something is off with the kidnapping. It doesn’t fit the MO. I guess it doesn’t matter because Eduardo is returned. The kidnappers are never identified, and this is apparently based on a true story?
Minority Report: Eduardo, Raul, Gustavo, Liz, Diego, Maria, El Jefe, Antonieta Police
🔪🔪🔪 (3 Knives)
🍷🍷🍷 (3 glasses of wine required.)
*Photo Credit: © 2011 Lifetime