Christmas in Homestead
Starring: No one notable (Taylor Cole and Michael Rady???)
One of the most famous actresses in the world (allegedly) heads to the Christmas-obsessed town of Homestead, Iowa, to shoot a holiday-themed movie. She is thrown for a loop when a romance brews between her and local inn keeper and single dad, Matt. As she gets a taste of small-town life, she discovers the true meaning of Christmas.
WE HAVE OUR FIRST WIDOWER!!! (Please, go back and re-read that in an Oprah “Favorite things” voice.) Nothing is better than a widower in a Hallmark Christmas Movie. It is the jackpot of potential romantic interest, way better than a divorced guy. (Who knows if his ex wife will come back!) This way you know she is dead and NEVER coming back. Then you add an adorable tween daughter. Oh man.
Jessica McEllis (Taylor Cole) is a famous actress who is looking to forward her career by not only starring in a TV Christmas Movie but also producing. (She is THAT famous) Jessica heads to the small town in Iowa to film with her token minority assistant and paparazzi in tow. They stay at an inn run by Matt, the widower and also the mayor.
There is a Christmas movie within this Hallmark Christmas movie, which could be confusing. Is Hallmark really that self aware to spoof itself? The dialogue in the fake movie is just as heavy handed as in the actual movie. Which makes it seems unintentional, and hilarious.
Let’s play actual movie or fake movie lines:
“Choose me. Choose us. Stay”
“I will ask you over, and over, and over again. Please stay.”
This one benefited from having no names, it was easier to get into the (stupid) plot without any of my actor bias.
🎄🎄🎄 (3 Christmas Trees)
🍷🍷🍷(3 glasses of wine required)
*images via: Hallmark Gold Crown Media
S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie) – Lifetime Uncorked
- S6 E27- Secrets in the Basement (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E26- My Daughter Was Stolen (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E25- Homecoming Revenge (Lifetime Movie)
- BONUS EPISODE- John Doolan Interview (Writer of the Lifetime Movie: A Predator’s Obsession/Stalkers Prey 2)
- S6 E24- Stalked by my Husband’s Ex (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E23- Mile High Escorts (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E22- Stalked by my Doctor (Lifetime Movie)
- S6 E21- The Wrong Wedding Planner (Lifetime Movie)
- BONUS EPISODE- Michael DeVorzon Interview (Her Deadly Groom)
- S6 E20- His Fatal Fixation (Lifetime Movie)